- Apr 21, 2018 for Poster Award applicants
- Apr 22, 2018 for general participants
- One person is allowed to represent only one poster presentation as a speaker (she/he can be coauthor more than one).
- Poster presentation is closed to organizers and speakers in symposium session.
- Each poster will be put on a 110-cm-wide by 160-cm-high poster board. Poster session will be conducted for two days and about 60 posters are expected to be accepted in total. We may close registration of poster presentation earlier than deadline (January 15th, 2018) if the applications exceed the capacity.
- The Organizing Committee of the 8th EAFES International Congress will award young researchers presenting excellent posters. Undergraduate and graduate students are eligible to apply for Poster Award in 8th EAFES. All those who wish to apply Poster Award must choose "Poster with award" as a presentation category in the Title/Abstract submission page. Details for poster award criteria will be posted on this page soon.
The evaluation for poster award is based on the following two viewpoints.
1. The ability of presentation (Is it easily recognizable for anyone?)
- Title, abstract (Adequate representation of the work)
- Concise presentation of the data
2. The quality of study (Is it interesting and important?)
- Quality of the data
- Appropriate data analysis
- Appropriate discussion and conclusion
The ability of presentation and the quality of study are equally evaluated. Note that we do not evaluate whether the oral explanation by the presenter is easy to understand, but do evaluate the poster itself. The top 10% of scores will be considered for the award as excellent posters, and one to three posters as the most excellent posters.